Supernus Pharma (SUPN) Receives Tentative FDA Approval for Trokendi XR sNDA Label Expansion
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: SUPN) announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted tentative approval to the Company’s Supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) requesting a label expansion for Trokendi XR to include prophylaxis of migraine headache in adults.
The approval of the sNDA is tentative because the FDA has determined that the drug meets all of the required quality, safety, and efficacy standards for approval, but is subject to the pediatric exclusivity which expires March 28, 2017. Final approval may not be made effective until this exclusivity period has expired.
In addition, the Company announced today that the FDA has granted final approval to expand the label for Trokendi XR for monotherapy treatment of partial onset seizures to include adults and pediatric patients 6 years and older, rather than 10 years and older.
“We will continue to work with the FDA to gain final approval upon the expiration of pediatric exclusivity,” stated Jack Khattar, President and Chief Executive Officer of Supernus Pharmaceuticals. “We are prepared and ready to launch the migraine indication upon receiving full FDA approval.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
- Cardiome Pharma (CRME) Announces Early Launch of XYDALBA in the U.K.
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!