Supernus Pharma (SUPN) Receives Tentative FDA Approval for Trokendi XR sNDA Label Expansion
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: SUPN) announced that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted tentative approval to the Company’s Supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) requesting a label expansion for Trokendi XR to include prophylaxis of migraine headache in adults.
The approval of the sNDA is tentative because the FDA has determined that the drug meets all of the required quality, safety, and efficacy standards for approval, but is subject to the pediatric exclusivity which expires March 28, 2017. Final approval may not be made effective until this exclusivity period has expired.
In addition, the Company announced today that the FDA has granted final approval to expand the label for Trokendi XR for monotherapy treatment of partial onset seizures to include adults and pediatric patients 6 years and older, rather than 10 years and older.
“We will continue to work with the FDA to gain final approval upon the expiration of pediatric exclusivity,” stated Jack Khattar, President and Chief Executive Officer of Supernus Pharmaceuticals. “We are prepared and ready to launch the migraine indication upon receiving full FDA approval.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- Uranium Resources (URRE) Receives $0.25M Extension Payment from Laramide Resources
- Peregrine Pharma (PPHM) Announces Presentation of Strong Data on PS-Targeting Antibodies Similar to Bavituximab in anti-PD-L1 Therapy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!