Sunshine Heart (SSH) to Conduct Strategic Realignment; Will Focus Resources on Aquadex FlexFlow System
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sunshine Heart, Inc. (Nasdaq: SSH) announced that it is implementing a strategic realignment of its near term strategy to fully focus the Company’s resources on its recently acquired Aquadex FlexFlow System. The Aquadex system is indicated for temporary (up to eight hours) ultrafiltration treatment of patients with fluid overload who have failed diuretic therapy, and extended (longer than 8 hours) ultrafiltration treatment of patients with fluid overload who have failed diuretic therapy and require hospitalization.
“Aquadex was an important strategic investment, which allows Sunshine Heart to strengthen its presence in the heart failure market,” said John Erb, Sunshine’s Chairman and CEO. “We have been very pleased with the reception and enthusiasm we have received from many current and former Aquadex customers that depend on Aquapheresis® Therapy to manage fluid overload, including patients with congestive heart failure. Aquadex has shown to help reduce the length of stay while in the hospital and the number of unscheduled hospital visits in total.”
Key elements of the Company’s near-term strategy include:
- Pausing clinical evaluations of the neuromodulation technology
- Reducing cash burn from $2 million per month in the fourth quarter of 2015 to a targeted cash burn of $800,000 per month in fourth quarter of 2016
- Continuing the Company’s ongoing review of potential partnerships, strategic alliances, and the pursuit of financing alternatives.
The above measures will help the Company to attain targeted fourth quarter 2016 annualized revenue run-rate for the Aquadex business of $5 million and fourth quarter 2017 annualized revenue run-rate for the Aquadex business of $10 million.
Rx Only. All treatments must be administered by a healthcare provider, under physician prescription, both of whom having received training in extracorporeal therapies
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merus N.V. (MRUS) Enters Strategic Research Collaboration with Incyte (INCY); Includes Upfront Payment of $120M
- Rex Energy (REXX) Announces Q4 Production, Operational Update
- Endo (ENDP) Confirms Agreement to Resolve FTC Investigation and Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!