Sunshine Bancorp (SBCP), FBC Bancorp Approval of Merger
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sunshine Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: SBCP) (“Sunshine”), the parent holding company of Sunshine Bank, and FBC Bancorp Inc. (“FBC”), the parent holding company for Florida Bank of Commerce, today announced the results of their Special Meetings of Shareholders held on September 28 and September 29. Both meetings resulted in the approval of the proposal to adopt and approve the Merger Agreement of the companies.
In addition to shareholder approval, as contemplated by the Merger Agreement, the Sunshine Board of Directors has resolved to increase the size of the Board to fifteen directors, appointing Malcolm Kirschenbaum, Sal A. (Joe) Nunziata, John C. Reich, James T. Swann and Dana S. Kilborne to the serve as new directors of the combined company effective upon the consummation of the merger. Each of these five individuals has previously served as a director of FBC.
On September 28, 2016 the Sunshine Board accepted the resignations of current board members J. Floyd Hall, James Coleman Davis and Winfred M. Harrell. These resignations are contingent upon and effective as of the consummation of the merger.
Regulatory approvals for the merger are still pending, and the companies anticipate a closing sometime around the middle of the fourth quarter 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- LSC Communications, Inc. (LKSD) to Acquire Continuum; No Terms
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!