Suncor Energy (SU) to Acquire 30% Interest in North Sea Rosebank Project
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Suncor Energy UK Limited (NYSE: SU) today announced it will acquire a 30 per cent participating interest in the U.K. North Sea Rosebank project from OMV (U.K.) Limited.
Under the terms of the agreement, Suncor will make an initial payment of US$50 million on closing. The transaction is subject to conditions, including regulatory approval, and is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2016.
In the event the co-venturers approve the Rosebank project final investment decision and Suncor elects to participate, Suncor could pay additional consideration to OMV (U.K.) Limited of up to US$165 million, subject to adjustments according to the terms of the agreement.
The Rosebank project, located approximately 80 miles (130 kilometres) northwest of the Shetland Islands in water depths of approximately 3,600 feet (1,110 metres), was discovered in December 2004 and is considered one of the best and largest remaining undeveloped resources in the U.K. North Sea. The project is currently in the Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) phase and has a design capacity of 100,000 barrels of crude oil and 80 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.The project is expected to be complementary to Suncor's existing UK portfolio. Subsequent to the successful close of this transaction, joint venture parties would be operator Chevron North Sea Limited (40 per cent), Suncor (30 per cent), OMV (U.K.) Limited (20 per cent) and DONG E&P (U.K.) Limited (10 per cent).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Targa Resources (TRGP) to Pay $565M to Acquire Delaware and Midland Basin Assets
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Reaches Agreement with SEC
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Crude Oil, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!