Suncor Energy (SU) Sells Petro-Canada Lubricants Unit to HollyFrontier (HFC) for $1.125B
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Suncor Energy (NYSE: SU) today announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI) business to a subsidiary of HollyFrontier Corporation (NYSE: HFC) for gross proceeds of $1.125 billion, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The sale includes PCLI's production and manufacturing centre in Mississauga, Ontario and the global marketing and distribution assets held by PCLI including its global offices. Under the terms of the agreement, HollyFrontier will continue to operate the lubricants business under the Petro-Canada trademark.
"Today's announcement is another example of how Suncor is focusing on its core assets through strategic acquisitions and divestitures that reinforce our commitment to long-term profitable growth," said Steve Williams, president and chief executive officer. "Petro-Canada Lubricants is a valuable, high-performing business that has been recognized by customers around the globe for its innovative products. When we announced we were considering divesting of the Lubricants business, we had significant interest and as such we were able to transact with a company that fully recognizes the value of the business."
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including satisfaction of all regulatory requirements in Canada and the U.S., and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dermira (DERM) Announces CIMZIA Phase 3 Met co-Primary Efficacy Endpoints in Certain Plaque Psoriasis
- Summit Financial Group (SMMF) Announces First Century Shareholders Approve Acquisition
- MSC Software draws takeover interest from Apax, Advent - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!