Suncor Energy (SU) Announces $1.13B PCLI Business Sale
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Suncor Energy (NYSE: SU) announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI) business to a subsidiary of HollyFrontier Corporation (HollyFrontier) for gross proceeds of $1.125 billion, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The sale includes PCLI's production and manufacturing centre in Mississauga, Ontario and the global marketing and distribution assets held by PCLI including its global offices. Under the terms of the agreement, HollyFrontier will continue to operate the lubricants business under the Petro-Canada trademark.
"Today's announcement is another example of how Suncor is focusing on its core assets through strategic acquisitions and divestitures that reinforce our commitment to long-term profitable growth," said Steve Williams, president and chief executive officer. "Petro-Canada Lubricants is a valuable, high-performing business that has been recognized by customers around the globe for its innovative products. When we announced we were considering divesting of the Lubricants business, we had significant interest and as such we were able to transact with a company that fully recognizes the value of the business."
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including satisfaction of all regulatory requirements in Canada and the U.S., and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Sells Australia and New Zealand Grocery Business to Bega Cheese Limited for $460M AUD
- Summit Hotel Properties (INN) Appoints Daniel Hansen as Chairman of the Board
- Callidus Software, Inc. (CALD) Names Nina Richardson to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!