Suncor Energy (SU) Announces $1.13B PCLI Business Sale
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Suncor Energy (NYSE: SU) announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI) business to a subsidiary of HollyFrontier Corporation (HollyFrontier) for gross proceeds of $1.125 billion, subject to customary closing adjustments.
The sale includes PCLI's production and manufacturing centre in Mississauga, Ontario and the global marketing and distribution assets held by PCLI including its global offices. Under the terms of the agreement, HollyFrontier will continue to operate the lubricants business under the Petro-Canada trademark.
"Today's announcement is another example of how Suncor is focusing on its core assets through strategic acquisitions and divestitures that reinforce our commitment to long-term profitable growth," said Steve Williams, president and chief executive officer. "Petro-Canada Lubricants is a valuable, high-performing business that has been recognized by customers around the globe for its innovative products. When we announced we were considering divesting of the Lubricants business, we had significant interest and as such we were able to transact with a company that fully recognizes the value of the business."
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including satisfaction of all regulatory requirements in Canada and the U.S., and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Offers pre-Specificed Subgroup Analysis of FALCON Trial; PFS Seen as Largely Consistent
- Catyalyst Pharma (CPRX) Updates on Amifampridine Phosphate Trial in CMS Patients
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!