SunEdison Semi's (SEMI) Proposed Deal with GlobalWafers Cleared in Austria, Taiwan
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SunEdison Semiconductor Limited (Nasdaq: SEMI) announced that it has received notice that the Investment Committee of the Ministry of the Economic Affairs of the Republic of China has approved the proposed acquisition of SunEdison Semiconductor by GlobalWafers Co., Ltd. (“GlobalWafers”), and that the Austrian antitrust authority has concluded its review. As a result, all pre-closing antitrust requirements have been completed.
As previously announced on August 17, 2016, GlobalWafers and SunEdison Semiconductor entered into a definitive agreement for the acquisition by GlobalWafers, through a wholly owned subsidiary, of all of the outstanding ordinary shares of SunEdison Semiconductor in an all-cash transaction valued at US$683 million, including SunEdison Semiconductor outstanding net indebtedness, pursuant to a scheme of arrangement under Singapore law. Under the terms of the agreement, SunEdison Semiconductor shareholders will receive, upon consummation of the scheme of arrangement, US$12.00 per share in cash for each ordinary share.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!