Sun Bancorp (SNBC) Announces Election of New Board Chair
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sun Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNBC) announced that the Board of Directors of the Company has unanimously elected Anthony R. Coscia to the role of independent Chairman of the Company and the Bank, effective December 31, 2016. Mr. Coscia is an independent Director, having been elected to the Board of the Company in 2010 and the Bank in 2011. He will replace current Chairman Sidney R. Brown, who previously informed the Board of Directors in October of his decision to step down as Chairman of the Company and the Bank effective December 31, 2016. Mr. Brown will remain a Director of the Company and Bank.
Mr. Coscia is a partner with Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf, LLP, and a member of the law firm's Executive Committee. In addition to his private practice, Mr. Coscia holds a number of leadership roles in the public and private sectors, including serving as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak). He previously served as Chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. Mr. Coscia also serves as a trustee of the New Jersey Community Development Corporation, Georgetown University and the Regional Plan Association.
"We are proud to have Tony Coscia ascend to the Chairmanship of the Company and Bank," said Thomas M. O'Brien, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Tony is well-respected and experienced in matters of corporate governance, finance and economic development. All of our stakeholders are well served by this appointment and we are fortunate that Tony has agreed to undertake this new responsibility."
"I am pleased and honored to assume the Board Chairman's role at the Company and the Bank," stated Mr. Coscia. "We have a very strong and committed Board and Management, and I accept my selection as Chairman with deep gratitude. The story at Sun Bancorp is exciting and holds much promise. I will enjoy working with the Company's leadership and shareholders in this new capacity."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!