Suffolk Bancorp (SCNB) Shareholders Approve Proposed Merger With People's United Financial, Inc.
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Shareholders of Suffolk Bancorp (NYSE: SCNB) today approved the proposed merger of Suffolk and People’s United Financial, Inc. (“People’s United”).
Pending regulatory approval, and subject to the terms of the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated as of June 26, 2016, Suffolk will merge with and into People’s United, and Suffolk County National Bank will merge with and into People’s United Bank, National Association.
Following the special meeting of Suffolk shareholders, Howard C. Bluver, President and Chief Executive Officer of Suffolk, said “We are very grateful to our shareholders for their overwhelming support of this transaction. Over 97% of the votes cast at the special meeting were in favor of the merger. With today’s vote, we move one step closer to completing the transaction with People’s United and further benefitting our shareholders, customers and the communities we serve.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft (MSFT) and LinkedIn's (LNKD) Proposed Merger Cleared in Europe, with Conditions
- RBC Positive on GoDaddy's (GDDY) Move to Acquire Host Europe Group; Affirms at 'Outperform'
- Digi Int'l (DGII) Affirms Receipt of Belden (BDC) Proposal; Says Nothing New in Latest Offer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!