Suffolk Bancorp (SCNB) Shareholders Approve Proposed Merger With People's United Financial, Inc.
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shareholders of Suffolk Bancorp (NYSE: SCNB) today approved the proposed merger of Suffolk and People’s United Financial, Inc. (“People’s United”).
Pending regulatory approval, and subject to the terms of the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated as of June 26, 2016, Suffolk will merge with and into People’s United, and Suffolk County National Bank will merge with and into People’s United Bank, National Association.
Following the special meeting of Suffolk shareholders, Howard C. Bluver, President and Chief Executive Officer of Suffolk, said “We are very grateful to our shareholders for their overwhelming support of this transaction. Over 97% of the votes cast at the special meeting were in favor of the merger. With today’s vote, we move one step closer to completing the transaction with People’s United and further benefitting our shareholders, customers and the communities we serve.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
- CenturyLink (CTL) options swept up on WSJ report of advanced merger talks with Level 3 (LVLT)
- GasLog Partners (GLOP) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Enters Agreement to Acquire GasLog Seattle
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!