Streamline Health Solutions (STRM) Announces Acquisition of Opportune IT Healthcare Solutions
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Streamline Health Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: STRM) announced the acquisition of the assets of Opportune IT Healthcare Solutions, Inc., a privately-held technology-enabled services provider of coding audits for healthcare providers throughout the United States.
Opportune IT Healthcare Solutions, founded in 2003, utilizes proprietary technology to perform audits on a risk-adjusted selection of inpatient and outpatient encounter coding for providers across the country. The work of Opportune IT serves to both identify areas for coding and documentation improvement and to mitigate compliance risk from miscoding.
"Opportune IT's superior coding and revenue integrity services are a strong extension of our existing suite of coding and CDI technology," stated David Sides, President and Chief Executive Officer, Streamline Health. "I am excited about the opportunity to harness the depth and breadth of the Opportune IT team's audit experience to advance our tools and enhance the value we bring to our clients and prospects."
"Given the chance to custom-design a new home for our Company it would have looked very much like Streamline Health," stated Nancy Hirschl, Executive Vice President of Opportune IT and now Vice President of HIM Services at Streamline. "I am eager to begin pursuing the many opportunities I know exist between our two unique client bases."
Streamline acquired the assets of Opportune IT for $1.4 million in cash or approximately 1.1 times trailing twelve-month revenue.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Federal-Mogul (FDML) Unit Acquires OE Parts Provider Beck/Arnley
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Announces Prelim. JCAR017 Data in r/r NHL; No sCRS Observed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!