Stonemor Partners (STON) to Acquire Up to 16 Cemeteries and Granite Importing Business
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
StoneMor Partners L.P. (NYSE: STON) announced an agreement to effectively acquire up to 16 Wisconsin-based cemeteries and a granite importing and finishing business for a total purchase price of approximately $12 million. StoneMor initially acquired 10 cemeteries, and will either acquire or manage an additional 6 cemeteries subject to the receipt of certain consents. The properties, located mostly in southeastern Wisconsin, include more than 500 acres of land, of which approximately 150 acres are undeveloped. The cemeteries perform approximately 2,100 interments per year and provide advanced funeral planning merchandise and services.
With regard to the transaction, Larry Miller, StoneMor’s President and CEO said, “These are terrific properties which expand our presence in the Upper Midwest, and represent our first entry into the well populated Wisconsin market. Consistent with our acquisition strategy, this transaction is expected to generate an internal rate of return (“IRR”) in excess of 30% and we expect it to be approximately $0.05 accretive to distributable free cash per unit in its first twelve months. Our growth acquisition effort of late has been focused on operations that are immediately cash flow accretive, and this transaction is an example of the execution of that plan.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!