Steel Dynamics (STLD) Guides Q3 Below Expectations
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Steel Dynamics, Inc. (Nasdaq: STLD) provided third quarter 2016 earnings guidance in the range of $0.63 to $0.67 per diluted share, compared to sequential second quarter 2016 earnings of $0.58 per diluted share and prior year third quarter earnings of $0.25 per diluted share.
*** The Street sees Q3 EPS of $0.71.
Third quarter 2016 profitability from the company's steel operations is expected to increase in comparison to sequential second quarter 2016 results, based on meaningful metal spread expansion. Average quarterly realized steel product pricing is expected to increase more than additional costs derived from higher priced ferrous scrap utilized in the quarter. However, lower steel shipments across the platform are expected to offset some of the positive margin impact. The anticipated earnings improvement is driven by the company's flat roll operations. Demand from the heavy equipment, agricultural and energy sectors stay challenged, while the automotive sector remains strong and the construction market continues gradual improvement.
Profitably for the company's metals recycling platform is expected to be lower for the third quarter 2016, compared to the sequential second quarter. Both ferrous and non-ferrous shipments are expected to decline, and ferrous metal spread contraction is also expected as market prices have declined in the second half of the third quarter 2016.
The company's fabrication platform continues to experience steady demand from the non-residential construction sector, with order entry remaining steady. Third quarter 2016 fabrication shipments are expected to remain consistent with sequential product pricing improvement. However, higher raw material flat roll steel costs are expected to result in metal spread compression and lower sequential fabrication earnings for the third quarter 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oshkosh Corp. (OSK) Boosts FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Achillion Pharma (ACHN) Announces Positive SVR12 Data for Odalasvir, AL-335, and Simeprevir Phase 3 in Genotype 1 HCV
- Flowserve (FLS) Affirms CEO Blinn Retirement Plans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!