Steel Dynamics (STLD) Approves $450M Buyback Plan
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: STLD) announced today that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase program of up to $450 million of the company's common stock. The authorization is effective immediately. The Board of Directors canceled the previously authorized program.
"This authorization demonstrates the Board's and management's confidence in our ability to generate strong free cash flow, even in challenging market environments such as 2015," said Mark D. Millett, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We remain committed to delivering value to our shareholders by first focusing on profitable organic and strategic growth opportunities. In addition to the value creation derived from our strategic growth, we are pleased that due to our strong balance sheet and continued free cash flow generation, we are also able to simultaneously return value to our shareholders through the use of this program to complement our regular quarterly cash dividend."
Under the company's share repurchase program, purchases take place as and when determined by the company in open market or private transactions, including transactions that may be effected pursuant to Rule 10b5-1 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Pursuant to this program, purchases of shares of the company's common stock are made based upon the market price of the company's common stock, the nature of other investment opportunities or growth projects presented to the company, the company's cash flows from operations, and general economic conditions. The share repurchase program does not require the company to acquire any specific number of shares and may be modified, suspended, extended or terminated by the company at any time without prior notice.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Morgan Stanley, Citi plan Brexit job moves: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Buybacks, Hot Corp. News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!