Statement by FCC Chair Genachowski on AT&T/T-Mobile Deal
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- United Rentals (URI) Acquires National Pump for $780M
- Ford (F) Director Emeritus William Clay Ford Died
- Markets Pressured as China Export Data Shows Sharp Drop in Feb. (FXI) (UUP)
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski said, "By filing suit today, the Department of Justice has concluded that AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile would substantially lessen competition in violation of the antitrust laws. Competition is an essential component of the FCC's statutory public interest analysis, and although our process is not complete, the record before this agency also raises serious concerns about the impact of the proposed transaction on competition. Vibrant competition in wireless services is vital to innovation, investment, economic growth and job creation, and to drive our global leadership in mobile. Competition fosters consumer benefits, including more choices, better service and lower prices."
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Imminent T-Mobile (TMUS) Sale Unlikely - Deutsche Telekom CEO (S)
- Vodafone Group (VOD) Boosts Offer for Spain's Ono - Reuters
- Yingli Green Energy (YGE) ENters 27.5-MW Module Supply Agreement in Israel, Middle East
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!