St. Joe (JOE) Responds to Fairholme Letter; Says Fairholme Hasn't Submitted Alternative Business Plan
- Market Wrap: Sprint Ponies Up for Clearwire; Herbalife Engages Auditor; 'One' for Microsoft
- JPMorgan (JPM) Shareholders Support Dimon in Dual Role
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 05/21: (SKS) (NTAP) (LO) Higher; (UAN) (ADI) (BALT)
- Saks (SKS) Won't Comment on Tonight's Takeover 'Rumor'
- NetApp (NTAP) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Boosts Buyback, Plans Job Cuts, Initiates Dividend
The St. Joe Company (NYSE: JOE) has made the following response to an earlier disclosed letter sent by Fairholme Funds, Inc. (NASDAQ: FAIRX) seeking removal of all St. Joe's Board in order to replace then with Fairholme nominees.
- “St. Joe adamantly opposes Fairholme’s efforts to obtain control of the Company without paying a control premium to all other shareholders. If Fairholme and its President, Bruce Berkowitz, want to take control of St. Joe, they should make an offer to all shareholders to buy it.
Since the Fairholme representatives on the St. Joe Board voted to approve the decision to explore financial and strategic alternatives, we believe that Fairholme should support that process by participating in it, rather than seeking to obtain control of the Company through a costly and disruptive proxy contest.
To date, Fairholme has not submitted for consideration any alternative business plan to enhance value for all St. Joe shareholders. If Fairholme and Mr. Berkowitz have an alternative business plan or strategic initiative that they believe to be in the best interests of all of St. Joe shareholders, they should propose it for consideration as part of the Company’s process for reviewing all strategic alternatives.”
Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
*NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Senate Takes Aim at Apple (AAPL); Says Irish Unit Earned $22B, Paid $10M in Taxes
- NxStage (NXTM), DaVita (DVA) Enter New Supply Agreements
- Honeywell (HON) Will Supply Avionics Suite for Pilatus PC-24
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesBruce Berkowitz
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!