Spherix (SPEX) Forms New Spherix Management Services Patent Licensing Subsidiary
- Dow sets record high as bank rally continues
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Spherix Incorporated (Nasdaq: SPEX) announced the formation of Spherix Management Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary focused on helping inventors and small companies manage their IP monetization programs.
Mr. Anthony Hayes, Chief Executive Officer of Spherix, stated, "Spherix has developed a strong reputation in the industry for its specialized knowledge of the patent licensing process and its robust monetization strategy. Over the last few years, we have cultivated a wealth of managerial depth and legal know-how that would be beneficial to other companies. In response to the market demand that we have received from industry participants, we have decided to move forward with a new initiative that will help navigate clients through the complex path of patent licensing. This initiative will help clients grow their businesses and generate revenue by successfully monetizing their patent portfolios. We believe this is a unique opportunity that will prove mutually-beneficial for our clients and our company as a whole."
Spherix will not add any additional costs to its current operations as part of this strategic direction. Instead, we will leverage the considerable scale and talent that we have built at our organization into a fee for services based revenue stream that will augment our existing business. We hope to have new clients shortly.
The Company does not intend to invest in or finance any third party intellectual property. The new subsidiary will aim to provide strategic advice, legal and other back office support to the rapidly growing number of investors and small firms that seek to monetize their intellectual property. By capitalizing on the expertise Spherix has amassed in building a streamlined, cost efficient model, management will now be able to create meaningful value for both new clients and most important, our committed shareholders.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spherix (SPEX) Announces Filing of New Patent Suit vs. Nortel Networks
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC) Announces Positive Update on GMI-1271 Phase 1/2 in AML; All Response Patients Seen with CR Rates
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT), Sonalysts Enter Joint Marketing Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!