Spherix (SPEX) Announces Filing of Additional Patent Suits by Equitable IP
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Spherix Incorporated (Nasdaq: SPEX) announced that Equitable IP Holdings LLC ("Equitable" or the "Equitable IP Program"), has filed two additional patent infringement lawsuits on the patents Spherix acquired from Rockstar.
In addition to the three new suits filed by Equitable that were announced on August 16th, Spherix is announcing that Equitable subsequently filed two additional cases in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware against:
- Sprint Corporation and Clearwire Corporation; case number: 1:16-cv-00719
- ATN International, Comnet Wireless and Choice Communications; case number: 1:16-cv-00718
The combined market capitalization of the defendants named in the complaints is in excess of $25 billion. The infringement claims relate to U.S. Patent No. RE40,999 ("the '999 patent"), entitled "VLAN Frame Format". The '999 patent is necessary to the practice of an Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ("IEEE") networking standard that supports virtual local area networks (VLANs) on an Ethernet network.
As stated in prior releases, both Equitable and Spherix feel strongly about the opportunity to monetize the value of the patents under the Equitable IP Program. These latest filings bring the total number of infringement cases under this program to six (6) and are a testament to the Companies' accelerated effort to achieve a formidable stream of licensing revenues from these valuable patents.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!