Spectrum Brands (SPB) Updates on Debt Reduction Efforts
- Wall St. slips on President Trump's protectionist views
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative - Bloomberg
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB) announced in excess of $410 million of cumulative term debt reduction during its fiscal year and anticipates ending fiscal 2016 on September 30 with total leverage below 4 times. The Company is attending the Deutsche Bank 24th Annual Leveraged Finance Conference today.
Spectrum Brands also reiterated expectations for fiscal 2016 adjusted net cash provided from operating activities after purchases of property, plant and equipment (adjusted free cash flow) to be between $505-$515 million.
Free Cash Flow
Our definition of free cash flow, which is a non-GAAP financial measure, takes into consideration capital investments required to maintain the operations of our businesses and execute our strategy. We believe free cash flow provides useful information to investors regarding our ability to generate cash from business operations that is available for acquisitions and other investments, service of debt principal, dividends and share repurchases and meet its working capital requirements. Our definition of free cash flow may be different from definitions used by other companies. We also use free cash flow, as defined, as one measure to monitor and evaluate performance.
The following is a reconciliation of forecast net cash provided from operating activities to the Company’s forecasted cash flow for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016:
|Forecasted range (in millions)||F2016|
|Net Cash provided from Operating Activities, as adjusted||$||605||-||625|
|Purchases of property, plant and equipment||(100||)||-||(110||)|
|Free cash flow||$||505||-||515|
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ixia (XXIA) Said to Get Buyout Interest from Thoma Bravo, Silver Lake, Vista - Bloomberg
- CNO Financial Group (CNO) PT Raised to $19 at Deutsche Bank
- Top banks' fourth-quarter commodities revenue jumps 20-25 percent: report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Remington, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!