Spectranetics' (SPNC) AngioSculptX Receives CE Mark
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The Spectranetics Corporation (Nasdaq: SPNC) announced receipt of CE marking for the AngioSculptX Drug-coated PTCA Scoring Balloon Catheter. AngioSculptX is a first-of-its-kind device, combining the proven AngioSculpt PTCA scoring balloon catheter with a drug coating. It is indicated for the treatment of hemodynamically significant coronary artery stenosis, including in-stent restenosis.
"AngiosculptX represents a unique coronary scoring technology that incorporates a drug coating. Given its clinical results, it is a significant advancement in therapy options for patients," said Professor Bruno Scheller of Saarlandes University Clinic in Homburg, Germany.
"Spectranetics is committed to providing specialized and innovative tools alongside compelling clinical data to improve our patients’ quality of life, and AngioSculptX exemplifies these important elements,” said President and CEO Scott Drake.
As previously disclosed, and part of the original acquisition of AngioScore, Inc., there is a $5 million milestone payment related to receiving CE mark for AngioSculptX that the Company expects to pay in the third quarter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!