Southwest Airlines (LUV), Pilots Union Reach Tentative Agreement Over New Contract
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced that it has reached a tentative agreement (TA) on the terms of a new contract for its Pilots.
"We appreciate our Pilots and recognize their role in the Company's success," said Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mike Van de Ven. "With the support and assistance of the NMB, the negotiating teams were able to reach an agreement that balances the needs of our Pilots and the Company."
The Negotiating Committees will work this week to draft final language. Once complete, the agreement will go through the normal union ratification process. Dates and details on a ratification vote will be announced in the days ahead.
The current Pilot contract became amendable September 1, 2012. The Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association represents approximately 8,000 Pilots.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!