Southwest Airlines (LUV), Pilots Union Reach Tentative Agreement Over New Contract
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced that it has reached a tentative agreement (TA) on the terms of a new contract for its Pilots.
"We appreciate our Pilots and recognize their role in the Company's success," said Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mike Van de Ven. "With the support and assistance of the NMB, the negotiating teams were able to reach an agreement that balances the needs of our Pilots and the Company."
The Negotiating Committees will work this week to draft final language. Once complete, the agreement will go through the normal union ratification process. Dates and details on a ratification vote will be announced in the days ahead.
The current Pilot contract became amendable September 1, 2012. The Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association represents approximately 8,000 Pilots.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Approves Previously Announced Spin-Off
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!