Southwest Airlines (LUV), Pilots Union Reach Tentative Agreement Over New Contract
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced that it has reached a tentative agreement (TA) on the terms of a new contract for its Pilots.
"We appreciate our Pilots and recognize their role in the Company's success," said Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mike Van de Ven. "With the support and assistance of the NMB, the negotiating teams were able to reach an agreement that balances the needs of our Pilots and the Company."
The Negotiating Committees will work this week to draft final language. Once complete, the agreement will go through the normal union ratification process. Dates and details on a ratification vote will be announced in the days ahead.
The current Pilot contract became amendable September 1, 2012. The Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association represents approximately 8,000 Pilots.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces External Review Following Arrest of Former Employee
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces Positive Longer-Term ORKAMBI + KALYDECO Data in CF Progression Modification
- Avid Technology (AVID) Enters Licensing Agreement with Nexidia for Media, Entertainment Rights
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!