Southwest Airlines (LUV), Pilots Ratify New Agreement
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced today that its Pilots have ratified a new collective bargaining agreement. According to the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association (SWAPA), 84.26 percent of Pilots who cast ballots voted in favor of the deal.
"This contract recognizes and rewards our Pilots for their professionalism and leadership," said Alan Kasher, Vice President Flight Operations. "Beyond the compensation and work rule improvements, this forward-looking agreement delivers the operational flexibility needed to grow our network and ensures that Southwest will remain well-positioned for long-term success in our intensely-competitive industry."
New contractual terms, including a new wage scale and bonus provisions, will be implemented according to an agreed timeline. Negotiations began in 2012 and have been guided by the National Mediation Board (NMB) since 2014.
"We would like to thank our Mediators and the Board members of the NMB for their assistance in helping us reach this agreement," said Russell McCrady, Senior Director of Labor Relations.
The newly-ratified contract becomes amendable in November 2020.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Announces Encouraging Interim Data from PB272 Phase 2 Control Trial in HER2+ Breast Cancer
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Announces Positive Prelim. Data from ATB200/AT2221 Phase 1/2 as Paradigm Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!