Southwest Airlines (LUV), Pilots Ratify New Agreement
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced today that its Pilots have ratified a new collective bargaining agreement. According to the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association (SWAPA), 84.26 percent of Pilots who cast ballots voted in favor of the deal.
"This contract recognizes and rewards our Pilots for their professionalism and leadership," said Alan Kasher, Vice President Flight Operations. "Beyond the compensation and work rule improvements, this forward-looking agreement delivers the operational flexibility needed to grow our network and ensures that Southwest will remain well-positioned for long-term success in our intensely-competitive industry."
New contractual terms, including a new wage scale and bonus provisions, will be implemented according to an agreed timeline. Negotiations began in 2012 and have been guided by the National Mediation Board (NMB) since 2014.
"We would like to thank our Mediators and the Board members of the NMB for their assistance in helping us reach this agreement," said Russell McCrady, Senior Director of Labor Relations.
The newly-ratified contract becomes amendable in November 2020.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!