Southwest Airlines (LUV), FMT Enter Agreement in Principle Over New Contract
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced that negotiators have reached an Agreement in Principle for the Company's Facilities Maintenance Technicians. Terms of the five-year deal include a complete set of work rules, a wage scale, and a ratification bonus. If ratified, the agreement would become the group's first contract since being accreted into the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA).
"We appreciate our Facilities Maintenance Technicians and their contributions to the success of Southwest Airlines," said Senior Director Corporate Facilities John Zuzu. "This agreement recognizes their efforts, and it supports the needs of our operations and our Company."
The Agreement in Principle is subject to final review by AMFA's National Executive Committee before it is submitted to its members for a vote. A date for a ratification vote will be determined in the coming days.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces External Review Following Arrest of Former Employee
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Commences Jet Engine Lubricant Production at Port Allen Plant
- EQT Corp. (EQT) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c; Announces CEO Succession
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!