Southwest Airlines (LUV), AMFA Enter Tentative Agreement
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) announced that they have agreed to terms on a tentative agreement for the Company's more than 200 Aircraft Appearance Technicians, the group primarily responsible for aircraft detailing and appearance care services. AMFA representatives will be communicating the provisions of the proposed 5-year extension agreement in the coming days.
"I want to commend both Negotiating Teams for their work in getting us to this point," said Landon Nitschke, Southwest Airlines Vice President Maintenance Operations. "This agreement enhances pay and benefits for our Employees, and it supports the Company's long-term strategic business plan."
"The AMFA NEC is proud of the Local Airline Representatives and their commitment and dedication of what they have done to get this agreement. The AMFA NEC provides the affected Members the opportunity to express their opinion by a vote," said Bret Oestreich, AMFA National Director.
If approved, this extension will run through February 2021 and replace the current collective bargaining agreement that becomes amendable in February 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- The New York Times Co. (NYT) Announces Acquisition of Two Product-Recommendation Service Companies
- SS&C Technologies (SSNC) Enters Agreement to Acquire CRM Solutions Provider Salentica
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!