Sotheby's (BID) Announces Autumn 2016 Hong Kong Sale Series Achieves $282M
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sotheby's (NYSE: BID) announced:
"I am very pleased that Sotheby's Hong Kong sales demonstrated East Asia's resistance to uncertainty and softness in some Western markets and achieved the same full year sales this year as in 2015," commented Tad Smith, Sotheby's Chief Executive Officer. "East Asian confidence and bidding will be a very good thing for upcoming sales."
Kevin Ching, Sotheby's Chief Executive Officer in Asia, said: "The market this week was selective, but demand for the most desirable pieces remained robust and delivered some outstanding prices."
Auctions of Modern & Contemporary Asian Art Achieve $89.5 Million
Contemporary Japanese Works Continue to Perform Well Totaling $19.3 Million, Exceeding the High Estimate
Contemporary Art Evening Sale Guest-Curated by Asian Pop Icon T.O.P Totals $17.4 Million, Exceeding High Estimate
Auction Attracted a New Generation of Bidders – 40% Were Below 40
Six Chinese Works of Art Sales Total $77.3 Million
A Highly Important Imperial Khotan-Green Jade Seal Sells for $11.7 Million To an Asian Private Collector
Imperial Inscribed Documentary Wutong Qin from 1745 Sells for HK$55.5/US$7.2 Million, Setting the World Auction Record for a Qing Dynasty Musical Instrument
Sale of 'Chinese Art through the Eye of Sakamoto Gorō' Fetches $6.5 Million, with Every Lot Sold
Four Exceptional Wine Sales Bring $11 Million
The Asia Edition of the Magnum Decanter of Louis XIII Sells for $190,000 to a Vietnamese Collector
Sales Bring Sotheby's Worldwide Wine Auction Total for the Last 30 Days to $19.5 million, Clearly Affirming Market Leadership
Sotheby's Hong Kong to Host Exhibition of Selected Highlights from Bowie/Collector From 12-15 October
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Load Factor Rose 0.9 Points in November 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!