Sonoco (SON) to Sell Rigid Plastics Blow Molding Operations in $280M Deal
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sonoco (NYSE: SON) announced it has reached a definitive agreement to sell its rigid plastics blow molding operations to Amcor, a global leader of rigid and flexible packaging products, for $280 million. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals in the United States.
Sonoco’s rigid plastics blow molding operations include seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada with 850 employees producing containers serving the personal care and food and beverage markets.
According to Jack Sanders, Sonoco president and chief executive officer, the decision to sell the blow molding operations was made to focus the Company’s consumer packaging portfolio and provide resources to further expand its targeted growth businesses, including flexible packaging, thermoforming rigid plastics and temperature-assurance packaging for transporting pharmaceuticals, biologics and vaccines.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Acquire AppFormix
- Information Services Group (III) Announces Transformational Merger with Alsbridge Holdings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!