Sonoco (SON) Increases Paperboard Tube and Core Prices
- Futures flat as countdown to Trump's inauguration begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- Oil rallies from one-week low as IEA sees tighter market
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Sonoco (NYSE: SON) today announced it will raise the price for all paperboard tubes and cores by 6 percent to 10 percent, effective with shipments in the United States and Canada, beginning October 24, 2016.
“This price increase, our first in more than a year, is necessary due to the recent increase in costs for uncoated recycled paperboard, our primary raw material, combined with price escalations in energy, labor and other input costs,” said James Harrell, vice president for Sonoco’s North America Tubes and Cores Division.
Sonoco is the largest producer of paper-based tubes and cores in North America, which are used to serve the paper, textile, plastic film, and tape and specialty industries. For more information about Sonoco’s complete line of paperboard tubes and cores or to learn more about current pricing, please visit the Company’s website (www.sonoco.com) or contact the Company at +800-377-2692.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Names Jennifer Whip to Board of Directors
- General Motors (GM) confirms $1M SEC Ignition Switch Settlement
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Names Keith Creel to Succeed as CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!