Sonoco (SON) Increases Paperboard Tube and Core Prices
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Sonoco (NYSE: SON) today announced it will raise the price for all paperboard tubes and cores by 6 percent to 10 percent, effective with shipments in the United States and Canada, beginning October 24, 2016.
“This price increase, our first in more than a year, is necessary due to the recent increase in costs for uncoated recycled paperboard, our primary raw material, combined with price escalations in energy, labor and other input costs,” said James Harrell, vice president for Sonoco’s North America Tubes and Cores Division.
Sonoco is the largest producer of paper-based tubes and cores in North America, which are used to serve the paper, textile, plastic film, and tape and specialty industries. For more information about Sonoco’s complete line of paperboard tubes and cores or to learn more about current pricing, please visit the Company’s website (www.sonoco.com) or contact the Company at +800-377-2692.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Allstate (ALL), Mastercard (MA) Team on New Payment System
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!