Sonoco (SON) Announces Acquisition of North Carolina-Based Plastic Packaging
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sonoco (NYSE: SON) has acquired Plastic Packaging Inc. (PPI), a privately held Hickory, N.C.-based flexible packaging company.
Founded in 1957, PPI specializes in short-run, customized flexible packaging for consumer brands in markets including:
- food products (i.e. frozen foods, baked goods, seafood),
- pet products (i.e. dry food, bird seed, litter),
- confection (i.e. seasonal promotions, heat-sealed chocolate packaging, hard and soft candy) and
- health and personal care (i.e. nutraceuticals, diapers, tissues/wipes).
PPI expects 2016 sales of approximately $42 million and operates two manufacturing facilities in Hickory, N.C., and Forest City, N.C., with approximately 170 employees.
Through the acquisition, Sonoco gains additional lamination, wide and narrow web flexographic printing, and pouch and bag forming capabilities that will allow Sonoco to better serve its current customers, while expanding its customer base.
“This acquisition grows our flexible packaging assets in the southeast U.S., adding short-run capabilities that allow us to offer additional specialty and customization capabilities to our customers,” said Rob Tiede, Sonoco’s senior vice president for Global Consumer Solutions. “PPI complements Sonoco’s existing technologies and leverages our expertise in flexible packaging, while expanding our customer base in complementary markets.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Apiary
- Accenture (ACN) to Acquire Seabury Group's Corporate Advisory and Aviation Consulting Business; Terms Not Disclosed
- Asta Funding, Inc. (ASFI) Commences 5.3M Share Tender Offer for Its Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!