SolarCity (SCTY) CEO Rive Comments on Defeat of Amendment 1 in Florida
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Tonight's election results indicate that Florida voters have rejected Amendment 1, an anti-solar ballot initiative. The following is a statement by SolarCity (Nasdaq: SCTY) Chief Executive Officer Lyndon Rive regarding the voting down of Amendment 1 in Florida:
Congratulations to the people of Florida for rejecting Amendment 1 and protecting the state's solar future. For too long Florida has been the sleeping giant of the solar industry. Today, the public took historic action to choose a future powered by solar energy, as Floridians from all walks of life wisely saw through the utilities' $26 million deceptive campaign. By voting No on Amendment 1, Floridians have affirmed individuals' right to generate their own solar power, which is cleaner and will create local jobs that cannot be outsourced.
I want to express deep gratitude to the following that played a critical role in protecting Florida's solar industry:
The grassroots coalition led by Floridians for Solar Choice
Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
Florida Conservation Voters
Conservatives for Energy Freedom and the Green Tea Coalition
League of Women Voters
Christian Coalition of America
Rethink Energy Florida
Space Coast Progressive Alliance
And to the tens of thousands of individuals who poured their hearts into defeating this anti-solar amendment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!