SolarCity (SCTY) Brings Solar Residential Service to South Carolina
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SolarCity Corporation (Nasdaq: SCTY) announced that it has launched residential solar service in South Carolina. The nation's number one solar power provider will make it possible for many local homeowners to immediately pay less for solar each month than they previously paid for utility bills and be eligible for thousands in additional dollars from applicable tax credits.
SolarCity expects to open a local operations installation center in the Charleston area at the end of October, and is actively hiring solar installers and salespeople now.
SolarCity's expansion into South Carolina is due in large part to the introduction of a new solar loan earlier this summer. SolarCity offers residents the option to choose 10-year or 20-year loan options or purchase their systems outright. All options include design and local installation, monitoring and a performance guarantee. The loans allow customers to prepay their entire balance or a portion of their loan to lower their monthly payments at any time, with no fees or penalties. SolarCity will also provide and install a Nest Learning Thermostat at no additional cost for qualifying customers.
Under a new pilot program available exclusively in South Carolina, SolarCity will allow Charleston area customers to purchase their systems online at a discount. Interested customers can visit www.solarcity.com/buyonline to see how much they could expect to save by going solar or they can contact the company by phone at 1-888-SOL-CITY (1-888-765-2489).
Candidates interested in employment opportunities in South Carolina can view available positions and apply directly at http://www.solarcity.com/careers/.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA)/SolarCity (SCTY) Deal Spread Lowest Since Late August
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) Announces Exclusive Global Distribution Agreement with Nextremity Solutions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!