Smithfield (SFD), KC Sausages Form JV: Deal Will be Immediately Accretive
- Wall Street wavers ahead of Fed meet, Apple earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/26: (KOOL) (ALIM) (SPHS) Higher; (TKAI) (CRME) (SDLP) Lower
- Netflix (NFLX) Director Jay Hoag Scoops Up 600,000 Shares
- Mobileye (MBLY) Falls as Tesla (TSLA) Relationship to Come to an End
- Oil dips on oversupply worries; U.S. crude hits April lows
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today announced that it has signed a non-binding letter of intent to form a 50/50 joint venture with Kansas City Sausage Company, LLC, including its sister company, Pine Ridge Farms, LLC. The transaction will be funded with cash on hand and is expected to close in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals. Terms of the letter of intent were not disclosed. Smithfield expects the transaction to be immediately accretive to earnings.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 7/26: (GOOG) (PYPL) (MBLY) (AAPL)
- Kamada to Host Second Quarter Financial Results Conference Call on August 2, 2016 at 8:30 am Eastern Time
- Cegedim: A dynamic first half of 2016, with revenue up 4.3% on a reported basis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!