Sky Solar Holdings (SKYS) Enters LOI for Potential Sale of Certain Japan Assets
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sky Solar Holdings, Ltd. (Nasdaq: SKYS) announced that the Company entered into a Letter of Intent with Solar Partnership Capital Ltd (“Solar Partnership” or “SPC”), a non-affiliate of the Company in certain Japanese projects, pursuant to which Solar Partnership confirmed its intention to acquire interests it currently does not own in 152 MW of solar projects from Sky Solar Japan K.K. (“SSJ”) and to take on certain specified liabilities associated with respect to those projects (the “Transaction Assets”) for a total purchase price of JPY17 billion (approximately $US165 million), subject to certain standard closing adjustments. All the other assets and liabilities of SSJ that do not constitute Transaction Assets will be transferred to a new entity.
The proceeds from the transaction are expected to be used to repay certain existing loans that were provided as part of SPC’s existing tokumei kumiai investment in SSJ, as well as to invest in selected opportunities in Japan and other key target markets.
Closing of the transaction is subject to approval by Solar Partnership’s investment committee, completion of satisfactory due diligence and mutual agreement and execution of definitive documents. The Letter of Intent terminates on August 31, 2016 but it may be extended by mutual consent. Both parties are working diligently to satisfy the conditions as quickly as possible.
Mr. Sanjay Shrestha, Chief Investment Officer of Sky Solar, and President of Sky Capital America commented, “We are very pleased to announce the potential sale of part of our solar asset portfolio in Japan. Through this transaction, we remain committed to the development of our remaining projects in Japan while also unlocking value from our 74 MW of completed solar projects and 78 MW of solar projects that have not yet been completed in Japan. With the cash proceeds from this deal, we intend to further invest in solar development projects in Japan and other key target markets that meet our investment return criteria.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!