Sina Corp (SINA) Board Approves Weibo Share Distribution
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SINA Corporation (Nasdaq: SINA) announced that its board of directors has authorized and approved the Company's distribution of shares of Weibo Corporation (Nasdaq: WB) to the Company's shareholders on a pro rata basis. Weibo is a majority-owned subsidiary of SINA, and its ADSs are currently traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
SINA will distribute one Weibo Class A ordinary share to the holder of each ten SINA ordinary shares. Holders of SINA ordinary shares that are settled through DTC will receive Class A ordinary shares represented by Weibo ADSs.
The Weibo share distribution will be payable on or about October 12, 2016, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 12, 2016. Following the distribution of the Weibo shares, SINA's equity stake in Weibo will decrease from approximately 54% (or approximately 78% by voting power) currently to approximately 51% (or approximately 75% by voting power).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
- Rennova Health (RNVA) Says Genomas Subsidiary Granted Patent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!