Sina Corp (SINA) Board Approves Weibo Share Distribution
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
SINA Corporation (Nasdaq: SINA) announced that its board of directors has authorized and approved the Company's distribution of shares of Weibo Corporation (Nasdaq: WB) to the Company's shareholders on a pro rata basis. Weibo is a majority-owned subsidiary of SINA, and its ADSs are currently traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
SINA will distribute one Weibo Class A ordinary share to the holder of each ten SINA ordinary shares. Holders of SINA ordinary shares that are settled through DTC will receive Class A ordinary shares represented by Weibo ADSs.
The Weibo share distribution will be payable on or about October 12, 2016, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 12, 2016. Following the distribution of the Weibo shares, SINA's equity stake in Weibo will decrease from approximately 54% (or approximately 78% by voting power) currently to approximately 51% (or approximately 75% by voting power).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- Time (TIME) Selects President-Elect Trump as '2016 Person of the Year'
- Alere (ALR) Comments on Abbott (ABT) Complaint; Believes Suit is 'Without Merit'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!