Silver Spring Networks (SSNI) Selected by Entergy Services for Grid Modernization Program
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) announced that it has been selected by Entergy Services, Inc., to support the comprehensive grid modernization program of the Entergy utility Operating Companies. Entergy will leverage Silver Spring’s multi-application IPv6-based Gen5 network platform across its 114,000 square mile territory to provide two-way meter communications and near-real time telemetry for approximately 2.8 million customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. The platform will enable the Entergy Operating Companies to offer their customers more insight into and better control over their energy usage and costs, while helping to more quickly identify and restore power after outages and improve overall grid reliability. Today’s announcement details the new, unnamed customer award described during Silver Spring Networks’ earnings conference call on August 4, 2016.
“We are excited to work with Entergy to deploy Silver Spring’s proven, secure and reliable platform across the South,” said Mike Bell, President and CEO, Silver Spring Networks. “A smart grid program will usher in a new era for Entergy’s utilities to continuously improve reliability and safety while meeting the evolving needs of their customers. It is an honor to be selected by such an industry leader.”
Pre-deployment planning and design are underway. Pending regulatory approval, Silver Spring anticipates that the Entergy Operating Companies’ deployments of the Silver Spring platform will begin by 2018, and will be completed across their service territories by the end of 2021. In addition to advanced electricity and gas metering, the Entergy Operating Companies have the option to evaluate additional applications to be connected through Silver Spring’s platform in the future.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!