Silver Spring Networks (SSNI) Debuts Starfish IoT Cloud Expansion into Stockholm
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) announced the initial applications leveraging the latest deployment of Starfish in Stockholm, Sweden. Starfish is Silver Spring’s international Internet of Things (IoT) public cloud network and data service that arms commercial enterprises, cities, utilities, and developers with two-way command-and-control, near-real time telemetry and industrial-grade security to every device.
As part of the EU-funded ‘GrowSmarter’ program, Silver Spring also announced today that it has been selected to initially deploy its standards-based IPv6 platform and solutions to upgrade aging lighting infrastructure with intelligent street light controls in the capital of Sweden, and to demonstrate the benefits of open standards in this area. GrowSmarter aims to deliver smart innovation energy, infrastructure and mobility solutions in three Lighthouse Cities – Stockholm, Sweden, Barcelona, Spain and Cologne, France – to achieve goals such as reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 60 percent and creating an estimated 1,500 jobs.
“Cities and the industry need to collaborate more closely together on innovation to break the status quo of silos and drive more horizontal-focused models,” said Gustaf Landahl, Head of Departments, City of Stockholm. “Through GrowSmarter’s program and solutions such as those delivered by Silver Spring Networks, Stockholm is closer to meeting its larger sustainability and energy efficiency goals.”
“We see great synergy between GrowSmarter’s program goals and Silver Spring’s own vision of a horizontal platform helping to stimulate sustainable innovation within the constraints of city bureaucracy and governance,” said Eric Dresselhuys, Executive Vice President of Global Development, Silver Spring Networks. “By demonstrating the efficacy of open standards in enabling interoperability within intelligent lighting systems, we are thrilled to offer Starfish in Stockholm, and to help contribute to the city’s larger economic development and sustainability goals.”
Stockholm will join other cities around the world where Starfish will first be available including Bristol, Copenhagen, Glasgow, London and in Crossmolina, Ireland in Europe; in Chicago, Providence, San Antonio and San Jose in the U.S.; and in Kolkata, India.
To learn more on Starfish, join Silver Spring’s European Commercial Director for Smart Cities, Brian McGuigan, for a presentation on September 21 at 14.40-15.00 GMT at the Smart Cities Summit in Olympia, London. Or visit www.ssni.com/starfish.
Join the Silver Spring Networks Conversation
- Read more on the Silver Spring Connect blog at www.ssni.com/blog
- Follow @SilverSpringNet on Twitter
- Like Silver Spring Networks on Facebook at www.facebook.com/silverspringnetworks
- Learn more about the Wi-Sun Alliance and the value of open standards-based IoT networking at www.wi-sun.org
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merck (MRK) Updates on KEYTRUDA Phase 1b KEYNOTE-028 Study; Clinical Activity, Durable Responses Observed
- KKR & Co. (KKR) Enters Agreement to Acquire Optiv Security
- AzurRx BioPharma (AZRX) Enters Licensing Agreement in Principle with TransChem
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!