Silver Bay Realty Trust (SBY) Acquires Southeastern U.S. Home Portfolio in $41.5M Deal
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. (NYSE:SBY) announced that it recently entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a portfolio of approximately 320 leased homes located in Atlanta, Tampa and Orlando for approximately $41.5 million in cash. The transaction will be financed using the Company’s existing $400.0 million credit facility. The Company plans to use proceeds from future non-core asset dispositions to pay down portions of its credit facility and maintain its long-term leverage target. Occupancy on the acquired portfolio approximates 95% and average existing rents approximate $1,215 per month and the purchase price per square foot approximates $72.
“We believe this portfolio is an attractive investment opportunity that will increase density in our existing markets and leverage our infrastructure,” said Thomas W. Brock, Silver Bay’s Chief Executive Officer. “We will continue to seek ways to optimize our portfolio in our core markets to improve our overall yield and drive increased cash flow.”
The acquisition is expected to close in 15-30 days, subject to the satisfaction of conditions to close.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!