Sientra (SIEN) Acquires Specialty Surgical Products' Tissue Expanders Portfolio
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sientra, Inc. (Nasdaq: SIEN) announced the acquisition of a complete portfolio of premium, differentiated tissue expanders from industry pioneer Specialty Surgical Products, Inc. (SSP). With this acquisition, Sientra adds to its product offering the AlloX2 and Dermaspan™ lines of breast tissue expanders, in addition to the Softspan™ line of extremity expanders.
Jeffrey Nugent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sientra, said, “This acquisition represents another important step in building the Sientra platform and positioning the business for future growth in the $235 million U.S. tissue expander and gel implant breast reconstruction market as we look to further strengthen our efforts in this area. It is a natural portfolio extension for Sientra and provides a premium expander line to build upon in a market where the standard of care often begins with breast tissue expansion and follows with silicone gel implants.”
Mr. Nugent continued, “In addition, this acquisition will enable us to leverage and expand our sales distribution while broadening our product portfolio with a well-established line of expanders. In the case of the dual port AlloX2, we now have a truly innovative solution designed to address post-surgical seromas and infection with its patented and novel drainage system. With early promising clinical performance and results confirmed by Key Opinion Leaders, we are confident in the value of this product portfolio and look forward to building on these results as we continue to expand the clinical evidence behind these products.”
Sientra will continue to engage SSP’s highest performing independent sales agents who will be dedicated to tissue expanders, while Sientra’s existing PSCs will sell across the entire Sientra product portfolio.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!