Shopify (SHOP) to Acquire Product Design Consultancy Boltmade
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Shopify Inc. (NYSE: SHOP) announced it has acquired privately held Boltmade, Inc., a product design and development consultancy based in Waterloo, Ontario. The acquisition of Boltmade will help accelerate the development of the Shopify Plus product offering. Shopify Plus offers high-growth, high-volume merchants a cloud-based, fully hosted enterprise commerce platform, without the limitations of legacy solutions.
“We first worked with the Boltmade team in early 2016 and quickly realized the team’s huge potential and depth of talent,” said Loren Padelford, VP of Shopify Plus. “Shopify is committed to investing in talent. The acquisition of Boltmade will bring a strong group of designers and engineers to Shopify Plus. We’re thrilled to have them join our team to help shape the future of commerce for larger merchants.”
Founded in 2013, Boltmade is a 21-person product-focused digital consulting firm that designs and builds software products for early stage startups to Fortune 500 companies. The Boltmade team will join the Shopify Plus office in Waterloo.
“Shopify has had a big impact on commerce by helping businesses of all sizes achieve success. Earlier this year, we jumped at the chance to work on a project with them,” said Jim Murphy, Founder and President of Boltmade. “We’re excited to be joining Shopify Plus to help some of the most recognizable, fastest-growing brands in the world sell billions of dollars of product.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!