Shopify (SHOP) to Acquire Product Design Consultancy Boltmade
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Shopify Inc. (NYSE: SHOP) announced it has acquired privately held Boltmade, Inc., a product design and development consultancy based in Waterloo, Ontario. The acquisition of Boltmade will help accelerate the development of the Shopify Plus product offering. Shopify Plus offers high-growth, high-volume merchants a cloud-based, fully hosted enterprise commerce platform, without the limitations of legacy solutions.
“We first worked with the Boltmade team in early 2016 and quickly realized the team’s huge potential and depth of talent,” said Loren Padelford, VP of Shopify Plus. “Shopify is committed to investing in talent. The acquisition of Boltmade will bring a strong group of designers and engineers to Shopify Plus. We’re thrilled to have them join our team to help shape the future of commerce for larger merchants.”
Founded in 2013, Boltmade is a 21-person product-focused digital consulting firm that designs and builds software products for early stage startups to Fortune 500 companies. The Boltmade team will join the Shopify Plus office in Waterloo.
“Shopify has had a big impact on commerce by helping businesses of all sizes achieve success. Earlier this year, we jumped at the chance to work on a project with them,” said Jim Murphy, Founder and President of Boltmade. “We’re excited to be joining Shopify Plus to help some of the most recognizable, fastest-growing brands in the world sell billions of dollars of product.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RPM International (RPM) Acquires Prime Resins
- Partner Communications (PTNR) Announces Departure of CFO Ziv Leitman
- Microsoft (MSFT) Acquires Simplygon
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!