Shire (SHPG) Affirms Positive PTAB Decision to Uphold LIALDA Patent
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Shire plc (Nasdaq: SHPG) announced that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) has issued their decision upholding the validity of U.S. Patent No. 6,773,720, related to Shire's LIALDA (mesalamine) product.
The petition seeking to institute inter partes review (IPR) was filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) in April of 2015 by the Coalition For Affordable Drugs (CFAD) II L.L.C. Fund. The PTAB found that the patent was valid in light of the challenges put forward by the petitioner.
Shire is pleased with the decision and will continue to vigorously defend its patents to protect the innovation and value Shire products bring to patients.
LIALDA remains the only once-daily mesalamine product indicated for both the induction of remission of mild to moderate ulcerative colitis and for the maintenance of remission of UC. There have not been any approvals of generic versions of LIALDA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
- Biocept (BIOC) Announces Strong Data from Target Selector CTC in Actionable Biomarker Detection
- Eagle Point Credit (ECC) Prices Net $16.6M Common Stock Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!