Shire (SHPG) Affirms Positive PTAB Decision to Uphold LIALDA Patent
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Shire plc (Nasdaq: SHPG) announced that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) has issued their decision upholding the validity of U.S. Patent No. 6,773,720, related to Shire's LIALDA (mesalamine) product.
The petition seeking to institute inter partes review (IPR) was filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) in April of 2015 by the Coalition For Affordable Drugs (CFAD) II L.L.C. Fund. The PTAB found that the patent was valid in light of the challenges put forward by the petitioner.
Shire is pleased with the decision and will continue to vigorously defend its patents to protect the innovation and value Shire products bring to patients.
LIALDA remains the only once-daily mesalamine product indicated for both the induction of remission of mild to moderate ulcerative colitis and for the maintenance of remission of UC. There have not been any approvals of generic versions of LIALDA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- TransCanada (TRP) Announces Receipt of FERC Approval to Construct Leach XPress, Rayne XPress Projects
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Names Jennifer Whip to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!