Shire (SHPG) Affirms Positive PTAB Decision to Uphold LIALDA Patent
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Shire plc (Nasdaq: SHPG) announced that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) has issued their decision upholding the validity of U.S. Patent No. 6,773,720, related to Shire's LIALDA (mesalamine) product.
The petition seeking to institute inter partes review (IPR) was filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) in April of 2015 by the Coalition For Affordable Drugs (CFAD) II L.L.C. Fund. The PTAB found that the patent was valid in light of the challenges put forward by the petitioner.
Shire is pleased with the decision and will continue to vigorously defend its patents to protect the innovation and value Shire products bring to patients.
LIALDA remains the only once-daily mesalamine product indicated for both the induction of remission of mild to moderate ulcerative colitis and for the maintenance of remission of UC. There have not been any approvals of generic versions of LIALDA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- European Commission Opens Investigation into Proposed Acquisition of Syngenta (SYT) by ChemChina
- GATX Corp. (GATX) Adds Ryan Specialty Group's Aigotti as Director
- Nektar to Announce Financial Results for the Third Quarter 2016 on Thursday, November 3, 2016, After Close of U.S.-Based Financial Markets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!