Sherwin-Williams (SHW) Executive Chairman Chris Connor to Retire
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) announced today that Christopher M. Connor will retire from his position as Executive Chairman effective as of the close of business on December 31, 2016 following a 34-year career with Sherwin-Williams. Mr. Connor will remain a member of Sherwin-Williams' Board of Directors until his retirement from the Board at the end of his current term at the 2017 Annual Meeting of Shareholders in April, 2017. In addition, the Board has elected John G. Morikis to assume the additional role of Chairman effective January 1, 2017. Mr. Morikis has served as Sherwin-Williams' President and Chief Executive Officer since January 1, 2016.
"I'd like to thank Chris for his exemplary vision, guidance and leadership over his distinguished career with Sherwin-Williams," said Mr. Morikis. "Chris set very high standards for our Company and his influence will be felt for many years to come."
Mr. Morikis joined Sherwin-Williams in December 1984 as a management trainee in the Company's Paint Stores Group and has held many key leadership positions, including nine years as President and Chief Operating Officer, during his 32 years with the Company.
"This announcement is the culmination of a thoughtful leadership transition process for the Company and the Board," added John M. Stropki, Sherwin-Williams' Lead Director. "The Board believes that John's long and effective career with the Company, and the passion, energy and integrity he exhibits, makes him well suited for the additional position of Chairman and that his election is clearly in the best interests of the Company and our shareholders.
"On behalf of the Sherwin-Williams Board of Directors, our shareholders, customers and employees, I want to express our heartfelt appreciation to Chris for his many years of exceptional service. Chris led Sherwin-Williams through a period of unprecedented growth and prosperity, and our shareholders benefitted greatly from his leadership and vision."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- AstraZeneca (AZN), Acerta Announce Prelim. Acalabrutinib Phase 1/2 Data in CLL; Median PFS Not Yet Met
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!