Shell Midstream Partners (SHLX) Acquires Interests in Mars Oil Pipeline, Odyssey Pipeline
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE: SHLX) today announced it has agreed to acquire from Shell an additional 20 percent equity interest in Mars Oil Pipeline Company (Mars) and a 49 percent equity interest in Odyssey Pipeline L.L.C. (Odyssey) for $350 million.
“This acquisition further diversifies the Shell Midstream Partners portfolio with the inclusion of a well-positioned eastern Gulf of Mexico asset. In addition, the partnership acquired an additional interest in an existing asset with a strong track record of delivery,” said John Hollowell, CEO of Shell Midstream Partners. “Both Mars and Odyssey build on our key corridor pipeline strategy in the Gulf of Mexico and are advantageously positioned to continue to capture growth of offshore volumes along our footprint of assets.”
The acquisition price reflects an approximate 8.4 times multiple of the forecasted 2017 Adjusted EBITDA of the acquired interests. The acquisition is expected to be immediately accretive to unitholders and funded with a combination of cash on hand and borrowings under Shell Midstream Partners’ credit facilities. The acquisition is expected to close on October 3, 2016.
Mars and Odyssey Highlights:
- Mars delivers crude from the prolific Mars Basin and the Amberjack system, offering 600 kbpd of capacity into LOOP’s Clovelly facility
- Odyssey has 220 kbpd of capacity from the eastern Gulf of Mexico to the Delta Pipeline system, enabling deliveries to refineries in Louisiana and Mississippi
The terms of the acquisition were approved by the Conflicts Committee of the Board of Directors of the General Partner of Shell Midstream Partners, which is composed entirely of independent directors. This committee was advised by Evercore Group, L.L.C. as to financial matters and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP as to legal matters.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO) to Acquire Sanchez Energy (SN) Eagle Ford Shale Assets for $181M
- Rhône Enters Agreement o Acquire Zodiac from Carlyle Group (CG)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!