Senomyx (SNMX) Says Flavor Ingredients Sweetmyx SR96 and Bittermyx BB68 Have Been Approved for Use by FDA in China
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Senomyx, Inc.(NASDAQ: SNMX), a leading company using proprietary taste science technologies to discover, develop and commercialize novel flavor ingredients for the food, beverage and flavor industries, announced today that its flavor ingredients Sweetmyx®SR96 (S9632) and Bittermyx® BB68 (S6821) have been approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration of the People's Republic of China. Sweetmyx SR96 is used to boost the sweet taste of products allowing food and beverage companies to significantly reduce sugar while maintaining the same taste to create lower calorie offerings. Bittermyx BB68 is used to reduce the bitterness of certain ingredients and can be used to reduce bitter taste associated with hydrolyzed soy and whey proteins, menthol, caffeine, cocoa, and Rebaudioside A (stevia) for use in food, beverage, OTC and oral care products.
"We are excited to announce the approval of these flavor ingredients in China," said John Poyhonen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Senomyx. "China is a very large market opportunity with a population exceeding 1.3 billion people and retail packaged food and beverage sales of approximately $600 billion annually1," Poyhonen noted. "These approvals also further validate our ability to attain approval by major regulatory bodies throughout the world."
This regulatory approval allows Senomyx to pursue commercialization of these flavor ingredients in China in a wide range of foods and beverages. These ingredients are available to flavor houses through Senomyx's direct sales Complimyx®
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Second Sight (EYES) Implants Wireless Visual Cortical Stimulator in First Human Subject
- Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) Announces Positive Data from TD-0714 Phase 1 MAD Trial
- KemPharm (KMPH) Files IND with U.S. FDA to Commence Human Trials of KP201/IR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!