Senomyx (SNMX) Says Flavor Ingredients Sweetmyx SR96 and Bittermyx BB68 Have Been Approved for Use by FDA in China
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Senomyx, Inc.(NASDAQ: SNMX), a leading company using proprietary taste science technologies to discover, develop and commercialize novel flavor ingredients for the food, beverage and flavor industries, announced today that its flavor ingredients Sweetmyx®SR96 (S9632) and Bittermyx® BB68 (S6821) have been approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration of the People's Republic of China. Sweetmyx SR96 is used to boost the sweet taste of products allowing food and beverage companies to significantly reduce sugar while maintaining the same taste to create lower calorie offerings. Bittermyx BB68 is used to reduce the bitterness of certain ingredients and can be used to reduce bitter taste associated with hydrolyzed soy and whey proteins, menthol, caffeine, cocoa, and Rebaudioside A (stevia) for use in food, beverage, OTC and oral care products.
"We are excited to announce the approval of these flavor ingredients in China," said John Poyhonen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Senomyx. "China is a very large market opportunity with a population exceeding 1.3 billion people and retail packaged food and beverage sales of approximately $600 billion annually1," Poyhonen noted. "These approvals also further validate our ability to attain approval by major regulatory bodies throughout the world."
This regulatory approval allows Senomyx to pursue commercialization of these flavor ingredients in China in a wide range of foods and beverages. These ingredients are available to flavor houses through Senomyx's direct sales Complimyx®
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Announces FDA Approval Of RHOFADE Cream to Treat Redness Associated with Rosacea
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Names Jennifer Whip to Board of Directors
- W.R. Berkley (WRB) Appoints Mir Mazhar to CPO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!