Sempra Energy (SRE) Announces Completion of PEMEX's JV Stake
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) announced that its Mexican subsidiary, Infraestructura Energética Nova, S.A.B. de C.V. (IEnova) (BMV: IENOVA), has completed its acquisition of PEMEX Transformación Industrial's 50-percent equity interest in the Gasoductos de Chihuahua joint venture for approximately $1.14 billion.
Mexico's antitrust commission, the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica, authorized the transaction Sept. 15. IEnova's shares in the joint venture now increase to 100 percent from 50 percent. PEMEX will retain 50-percent shareholder interest in the Ramones II Norte pipeline project through Ductos y Energéticos del Norte, S.de R.L. de C.V.
The assets included in the transaction comprise three natural gas pipelines, an ethane pipeline, and a liquid petroleum gas pipeline and associated storage terminal.
IEnova develops, builds and operates energy infrastructure in Mexico. As of Dec. 31, 2015, the company had invested more than US $4 billion in operating assets and projects under construction in Mexico. It is one of the largest private energy companies in the country and is the first energy infrastructure company to be listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Amaya Provides Updated Full Year 2016 Guidance and Related Highlights; Announces Retirement of Chief Financial Officer
- Liberty Media Prices Private Offering of $400,000,000 of 1.0% Cash Convertible Senior Notes due 2023 to Buy LMCK Shares to be Held for Formula 1 Teams
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesBankruptcy, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!