Seattle Genetics (SGEN) Updates on Multiple Presentations Made at ISHL
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Seattle Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGEN) highlighted multiple data presentations at the 10th International Symposium on Hodgkin Lymphoma (ISHL) taking place in Cologne, Germany, October 22-25, 2016, evaluating ADCETRIS (brentuximab vedotin) across a broad range of Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) disease settings. ADCETRIS is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) directed to CD30, a defining marker of classical HL that plays a role in tumor pathogenesis. ADCETRIS is being evaluated globally as the foundation of therapy for HL in more than 45 ongoing corporate- and investigator-sponsored clinical trials.
“For more than a decade, we have been committed to improving treatment outcomes for classical HL patients. We have made tremendous progress with ADCETRIS, which is now FDA-approved for two HL indications in the U.S. and Europe and is being evaluated broadly across all lines of therapy and in many novel regimens,” said Jonathan Drachman, M.D., Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President, Research and Development at Seattle Genetics. “The data presented at ISHL continue to advance our goal of establishing ADCETRIS as the foundation of care for HL. With 21 abstracts accepted for presentation, we, along with our partner Takeda, are pleased to share new and updated data with the scientific community at ISHL to help move the field forward.”
Data presented at ISHL include an update of the progression-free survival and safety from the phase 3 AETHERA trial approximately four years since the last patient was enrolled, demonstrating sustained progression-free survival benefit after extended observation. In addition, updates will be presented from trials evaluating ADCETRIS as both mono- and combination therapy in frontline HL patients age 60 and older, and as second-line therapy for relapsed or refractory HL. Lastly, preclinical data will be presented indicating additional potential mechanisms of action for ADCETRIS, including immunogenic cell death, supporting evaluation of combination therapy with immuno-oncology agents.
Multiple corporate and investigator presentations will be featured at ISHL. Abstracts can be found at www.hodgkinsymposium.org and include the following:
- Immune Systems Engagement Results in Non-Classical Antibody-Drug Conjugate Antitumor Activity of Brentuximab Vedotin (Abstract #P099, poster presentation)
- Evaluation of Serum TARC Levels in Patients at Risk of Progression Following Autologous Stem Cell Transplant for Hodgkin Lymphoma: Results from the AETHERA Trial (Abstract #P060, poster presentation)
- Brentuximab Vedotin After Autologous Stem Cell Transplant Yields the Strongest Benefit in Hodgkin lymphoma Patients with ≥ 2 Risk Factors: Results of a Multivariate Analysis (Abstract #P089 , poster presentation)
- Brentuximab Vedotin Alone and in Combination With Dacarbazine or Bendamustine in Patients Aged ≥60 Years With Newly Diagnosed Hodgkin Lymphoma: Interim Results of a Phase 2 Study (Abstract #P023, poster presentation)
- Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Bendamustine as a Salvage Treatment Regimen for Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma (Abstract #P082, poster presentation)
- PET Adapted Dose Escalation of Brentuximab Vedotin as First Line Salvage Therapy in Relapse/Refractory HL (Abstract #P083, poster presentation)
- Post Transplant Outcomes in a Multicenter Phase II Study of Brentuximab Vedotin as First Line Salvage Therapy in Relapsed/Refractory HL Prior to ASCT (Abstract #P086, poster presentation)
- Pharmacokinetics, Immunogenicity and Safety of Weekly Dosing of Brentuximab Vedotin in Pediatric Patients with Hodgkin Lymphoma (Abstract #P067, oral presentation)
- A Phase I Study with an Expansion Cohort of the Combination of Ipilimumab and Brentuximab Vedotin in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma: A trial of the ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (Abstract #P080, poster presentation)
- The Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Properties of Brentuximab Vedotin in a Patient Undergoing Hemodialysis (Abstract #P098, poster presentation)
- Single-Arm Study of Brentuximab Vedotin in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hodgkin lymphoma who are Ineligible for Stem Cell Transplantation or Multiagent Chemotherapy (Abstract #P104, poster presentation)
- Combining Brentuximab Vedotin with DHAP as Salvage Treatment in Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: a Phase 1 Dose-Escalation study (Abstract #T024, oral presentation)
- Preliminary Results of a Phase II Study of Brentuximab Vedotin Using a Response Adapted Design in the First Line Treatment of Patients with Hodgkin lymphoma Unsuitable for Chemotherapy Due to Age, Frailty or Co-morbidity (BREVITY) (Abstract #P002, poster presentation)
- Real-World Effectiveness of Brentuximab Vedotin vs. Other Treatments in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma post Autologous Stem-Cell Transplantation (Abstract #P094, poster presentation)
- Brentuximab Vedotin in Patients who are Ineligible for Autologous Stem Cell Transplant with Relapsed or Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma: A UK and Germany Retrospective Study (Abstract #P093, poster presentation)
- Risk Factors for Relapse in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma after Autologous Stem Cell Transplant: A Real-World Analysis in Germany and the United Kingdom (Abstract #P095, poster presentation)
- Superiority of Modified Progression Free Survival to Evaluate Chemotherapy Effectiveness for Advanced Stage Hodgkin Lymphoma (Abstract #P007, poster presentation)
- Sequential Brentuximab Vedotin and Adriamycin, Vinblastine and Darabazine (AVD) for Older Patients with Untreated Hodgkin Lymphoma: Findings from a Phase II Window study (Abstracts #P001, poster presentation)
- PET-adapted Therapy with Brentuximab Vedotin and Augmented ICE for Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma – Lack of Improvement with 3 versus 2 Cycles of Weekly BV (Abstract #P088, poster presentation)
- An International Multicenter Phase I/II Study of Brentuximab Vedotin and Bendamustine in Patients with Heavily Treated Relapsed or Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma and Anaplastic Large T-Cell Lymphoma (Abstract #P085, poster presentation)
- HALO Study: a Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial of Brentuximab Vedotin and Bendamustine in Elderly Patients with Previously Untreated Advanced Hodgkin Lymphoma (Abstract #P011, poster presentation)
ADCETRIS is currently not approved for the treatment of frontline or salvage HL in patients eligible for autologous transplant, graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) or as a combination therapy for HL.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- US Foods (USFD) Names Andrew Iacobucci as CMO
- Immunomedics (IMMU): New IMMU-132 Data at Investor R&D Day
- Ayretrade, Inc. (SUMM) Appoints David Roblin as COO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!