Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG) Gains as Pot Business Highlighted
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE: SMG) is gaining Wednesday after Bloomberg highlighted the stock as a play on legalized marijuana.
The article notes the company has been on a buying spree of companies that provide specialty fertilizers, lighting and other supplies for hydroponics.
Scotts' hydroponics business now generates about $250 million of revenue a year. While less than 10% of the company's $2.9 billion in revenue generated in the last 12 months, margins are higher analysts note.
Shares of SMG are up 2.3% to $85.50.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CBOE (CBOE) Announces New SPX Options Implied Volatility-Based Index: SMILE
- Apple (AAPL) October 118.50 straddle priced for 4.4% movement into Q4
- Comcast (CMCSA) weekly volatility increases to 41 into Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!