Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG) Gains as Pot Business Highlighted
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Scotts Miracle-Gro (NYSE: SMG) is gaining Wednesday after Bloomberg highlighted the stock as a play on legalized marijuana.
The article notes the company has been on a buying spree of companies that provide specialty fertilizers, lighting and other supplies for hydroponics.
Scotts' hydroponics business now generates about $250 million of revenue a year. While less than 10% of the company's $2.9 billion in revenue generated in the last 12 months, margins are higher analysts note.
Shares of SMG are up 2.3% to $85.50.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Immediately Suspend Trading in Violin Memory (VMEM) Shares; Will Move to Delist
- Dean Foods (DF) November volatility increases on sharp rally
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!