Scientific Games (SGMS) Will Evaluate Options for Interactive Social Gaming Subsidiaries
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) announced it has designated the Company's wholly owned interactive social gaming subsidiaries, including Dragonplay Ltd. and Phantom EFX, LLC, as unrestricted subsidiaries under its debt agreements, with the goal of maximizing growth for the company. The Company will consider a range of options to solidify its leadership in this fast growing segment, including potential new joint ventures, acquisitions, IPO, and other growth options.
"Our industry leading investment in innovation is paying off. Following our company's third consecutive quarter of revenue growth, we see this as a perfect time to accelerate momentum and explore additional opportunities to deliver greater value from this strong and rapidly growing segment of our business," said Kevin Sheehan, CEO and President of Scientific Games.
The Company's social gaming business has generated sequential double-digit growth in each of the most recent three quarters and a 68-percent increase in revenue year-over-year for the most recent quarter (second quarter ended June 30, 2016).
Following unrestricted designation, the social gaming entities will remain wholly owned by Scientific Games and continue under the leadership of Barry Cottle, Chief Executive – Interactive and Jordan Levin, President - Interactive.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equity Bancshares (EQBK) Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle Needed to Close Community First Bancshares Merger; Moves to Acquire Prairie State Bancshares
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, IPOs, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!