Scientific Games (SGMS) Nabs German Lottery Tech Contract
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) announced that the Company has won a new contract in a competitive procurement process to provide lottery retail technology to the Sächsische LOTTO-GmbH ("SACHSENLOTTO") in Germany. The contract term is undisclosed. Scientific Games will provide 1,460 advanced, new point-of-sale terminals, software and maintenance services to SACHSENLOTTO retailers throughout the German state of Saxony. With more than $343 million (USD) in retail sales in FY2015, the Lottery has chosen Scientific Games technology since its inception in 1990.
Siegfried Schenek, Managing Director of Sächsische LOTTO-GmbH, said, "We are convinced that this decision equips SACHSENLOTTO well for the future. It is another major step forward in meeting the requirements of the market to provide state-of-the-art technology for our valued customers and our important retail network in Saxony."
Matthias Müller, Managing Director, Germany for Scientific Games, said, "As a technology provider to all 16 of the Germany lotteries, we are honored that our retail point-of-sale technology was once again selected by SACHSENLOTTO. The Lottery is a valued, longtime customer and we look forward to implementing our next generation of advanced point-of-sale terminals and software throughout their retail network in our mission to provide players in the German state of Saxony with the best lottery experiences in the world."
As Europe's leading lottery gaming systems supplier, Scientific Games provides gaming systems and retail technology to nearly 60 lotteries in more than 25 countries, supporting more than 270,000 retailer outlets globally.
© 2016 Scientific Games Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All ® notices signify marks registered in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
- Venaxis (APPY) Changes Name to Bioptix; Will Trade Under Ticker 'BIOP'
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!