Scientific Games (SGMS) Nabs German Lottery Tech Contract
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) announced that the Company has won a new contract in a competitive procurement process to provide lottery retail technology to the Sächsische LOTTO-GmbH ("SACHSENLOTTO") in Germany. The contract term is undisclosed. Scientific Games will provide 1,460 advanced, new point-of-sale terminals, software and maintenance services to SACHSENLOTTO retailers throughout the German state of Saxony. With more than $343 million (USD) in retail sales in FY2015, the Lottery has chosen Scientific Games technology since its inception in 1990.
Siegfried Schenek, Managing Director of Sächsische LOTTO-GmbH, said, "We are convinced that this decision equips SACHSENLOTTO well for the future. It is another major step forward in meeting the requirements of the market to provide state-of-the-art technology for our valued customers and our important retail network in Saxony."
Matthias Müller, Managing Director, Germany for Scientific Games, said, "As a technology provider to all 16 of the Germany lotteries, we are honored that our retail point-of-sale technology was once again selected by SACHSENLOTTO. The Lottery is a valued, longtime customer and we look forward to implementing our next generation of advanced point-of-sale terminals and software throughout their retail network in our mission to provide players in the German state of Saxony with the best lottery experiences in the world."
As Europe's leading lottery gaming systems supplier, Scientific Games provides gaming systems and retail technology to nearly 60 lotteries in more than 25 countries, supporting more than 270,000 retailer outlets globally.
© 2016 Scientific Games Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All ® notices signify marks registered in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sturgis Bancorp Reports Earnings for 2016
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- AIG (AIG) Enters Reinsurance Agreement with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Unit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!