Scientific Games (SGMS), Warner Bros. Consumer Products Enter Multi-Year Brand Partnership
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) and Warner Bros. Consumer Products announced a multi-property, multi-year partnership to bring top-tier brands from Warner Bros.' powerhouse portfolio. These brands were revealed at the Global Gaming Expo ("G2E") in Las Vegas last week.
At G2E, the world's largest casino gaming conference and exhibition held annually at the Sands Expo® in Las Vegas, Scientific Games showcased new Warner Bros. Consumer Products licensed slot games, including SEINFELD, WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, THE BACHELOR and NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION, along with other Warner Bros. Consumer Products licensed titles extending the Company's offerings of omni-channel experiences for all players.
- SEINFELD, the 10-time Emmy Award-winning hit television comedy series, named by TV Guide as one of the "greatest TV programs of all time," is a comedy that takes players into the quirky lives of Jerry Seinfeld and his friends George Costanza, Elaine Benes, and Cosmo Kramer and the hilarious antics of their daily lives in an Upper West Side Manhattan apartment building. The hit sitcom ran for nine seasons, featuring the timeless humor and witty sayings turned cultural references such as "Yada Yada Yada," "No Soup for You!," "It's a Festivus Miracle!" and "Serenity Now."
- WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, is the unforgettable film from 1971 that takes fans on the journey through the deliciously delightful, whimsically wonderful world of Willy Wonka and his Chocolate Factory.
- THE BACHELOR, the hit romance reality television series from Warner Horizon Television, is a pop culture staple and celebrated its 20th season this year. For more than a decade, this romantic rollercoaster ride has been one of TV's top social media and water cooler shows, as one lucky man and more than 20 lucky women have the unique opportunity to find true love.
- NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION, based on the 1983 box-office hit comedy, follows the unconventional Griswold family on their unforgettable cross-country vacation road trip to visit the "Walley World" fun park.
The multi-year partnership pairs Warner Bros. Consumer Products' globally recognized brands with the technology and innovation from industry-leading game developer, Scientific Games. Warner Bros. Consumer Products' highly successful brand licensing offerings include timeless player favorites such as AUSTIN POWERS™, CADDYSHACK™, THE FLINTSTONES™, FRIENDS™, THE LORD OF THE RINGS™, WACKY RACES™, THE WIZARD OF OZ™ and WONDER WOMAN™, among many others.
"We're excited to continue our partnership with Scientific Games and bring many of Warner Bros.' iconic brands and characters to fans through new, immersive and entertaining games," said Pam Lifford, President, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "This collaboration will allow us to leverage our popular brands in creative ways and across channels to captivate players and make new consumer connections in the gaming space."
Scientific Games' portfolio of Warner Bros. Consumer Products licensed brands covers a broad spectrum of genres, including comedy, popular sitcoms, reality TV, science fiction, movie classics and more. This widely appealing content offers the ability to reach an omni-channel audience of players across multiple platforms such as land-based slot machines, online real-money gaming and lottery instant ticket games.
Scientific Games Chief Executive Officer and President, Kevin Sheehan, said, "The expansion of our Warner Bros. Consumer Products partnership mirrors the growth and evolution of our business, which after mergers with Bally Technologies and WMS Gaming now includes the broadest portfolio of end-to-end solutions for the gaming and lottery industries. The convergence of players across multiple channels in land-based casino, real-money gaming and lottery entertainment, affords us an unprecedented opportunity to capitalize on our investment in these timeless and popular Warner Bros. brands to delight players wherever they like to engage with our products. I am confident that this slate of powerhouse brands will help us grow and continue to deliver on our mission of providing the world's best gaming and lottery experiences."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!