Science Applications Int'l (SAIC) Receives $1.4B DLA Contract
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Defense Logistics Agency awarded Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) a $700 million fixed-price, single award indefinite-quantity contract for chemicals, packaged petroleum, oils, and lubricants. The contract has a five-year base period of performance, one three-year option, and one two-year option, for a total potential value of up to $1.4 billion, if all options are exercised. Work will be performed in Arizona, California, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
DLA manages logistics on behalf of all U.S. military branches, and federal civilian agencies as well. Under the contract, SAIC will provide comprehensive logistics and supply chain management services to the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, federal civilian agencies, and foreign military sales customers.
“SAIC has supported DLA with multiple logistics and supply chain solutions for more than 30 years in their mission to provide products and services to American troops and others to accomplish their missions. We are proud to continue these critical services to DLA for the next decade under this contract,” said Linda Messano, SAIC senior vice president and general manager of the Department of Defense Agencies and Commands Customer Group.
During the past 10 years, SAIC has delivered more than 42 million packaged petroleum, oils, lubricants, and chemicals to DLA’s customers around the world. As a DLA Supply-Chain Alliance member, SAIC was named one of DLA's Superior Suppliers, Gold Category for fiscal year 2015.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Science Applications Int'l (SAIC) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Trading Radar for 12/8: Finisar (FNSR), Restoration Hardware (RH), Yingli Green Energy (YGE) Report
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!