Science Applications Int'l (SAIC) Awarded $47M Naval Warfare Systems Center Contract
- Futures rise as 'Trump rally' rolls on
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SSC) Pacific awarded Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) a task order to provide technical engineering and installation services to support a new Command and Control Facility (C2F) for the U.S. Air Force. Awarded under Naval Sea System Command’s SeaPort-e contract vehicle, the single-award task order has a one-year period of performance, three one-year options, and a total award value of more than $47 million. Work will be performed near Omaha, Nebraska.
Under the task order, SAIC will support SSC Pacific in the design, installation, configuration, and transition of the IT infrastructure for the new C2F. SAIC will also support the development of a private cloud data center infrastructure for staff located in the new facility.
“We are proud to broaden our support to SSC Pacific by providing subject matter expertise for the design and build of this new state-of-the-art facility,” said Linda Messano, SAIC senior vice president and general manager of the Department of Defense Agencies and Commands Customer Group. “Our cloud implementation services are currently deployed across the DoD. We are excited to expand our portfolio to include this critical SSC Pacific program by providing cutting-edge technical solutions for their critical systems.”
SAIC will also support critical project management activities and logistic planning actions for the integration testing and eventual migration of mission systems to the new facility. The team will apply SSC Pacific’s shore installation processes throughout the engagement supporting engineering phases and providing corresponding deliverables during each phase.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Science Applications Int'l (SAIC) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- W. P. Carey (WPC) COO/Head of Asset Management Thomas Zacharias to Retire
- Beijing to Slash Amount Withdrawn from ATMs in Macau to Reduce Currency Flight -SCMP (MGM) (LVS) (WYNN) (MPEL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!