Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Doses First Patient in SRP-4045, SRP-4053 Phase 3 Trial
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: SRPT) announced the first patient dosed in the phase III clinical trial of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053 in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy amenable to exon 45 or 53 skipping.
“We are excited to announce the first patient dosed in our ESSENCE trial of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053, for DMD patients amenable to Exon 45 and 53 skipping “ said Edward Kaye, Sarepta’s chief executive officer. “It is our goal to treat as many patients amenable to exon skipping as possible, and therefore is important to advance our clinical pipeline candidates. We have made great effort to develop a meaningful clinical trial, using our learnings from our previous clinical programs and observations of the natural history of Duchenne.”
The Phase III study, ESSENCE, is a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of SRP-4045 and SRP-4053. Eligible patients with out-of-frame deletion mutations amenable to exon 45 or 53 skipping will be randomized to receive once weekly intravenous (IV) infusions of 30 mg/kg SRP-4045 or 30 mg/kg SRP-4053 respectively (combined-active group, 66 patients) or placebo (33 patients) for up to 96 weeks (the placebo-controlled period of the trial). This will be followed by an open label extension period in which all patients will receive open-label active treatment for up to 96 weeks.
The study will enroll approximately 99 patients aged 7 to 13 years, inclusive, with a minimum target of 45 patients amenable to exon 45 skipping and 45 patients amenable to exon 53 skipping.
Twice as many patients will receive active treatment as will receive placebo. Approximately 66 patients will be randomized to receive active treatment with either SRP-4045 or SRP-4053 (depending on deletion mutation), and 33 patients will be randomized to receive placebo.
More information can be found at www.Sarepta.com or www.clinicaltrials.gov, identifier: NCT02500381
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- Northwest Biotherapeutics (NWBO) Offers Update on Phase 3 Trial Of DCVax-L for Newly Diagnosed GBM Cancer
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!